Indira Gandhi (ইন্দিৰা গান্ধী) and Piebaldism
- Indira Gandhi (ইন্দিৰা গান্ধী; 1917-1984) was the prime minister of India from in 1966 to 1977 (2 terms). She is the daughter of J.Nehru.
- She held a third term from 1980 to 1984, when she was assassinated.
She has the characteristic white forelock of piebaldism:
- Piebaldism is inherited in an autosomal dominant way and is considered as a partial form of albinism.
- It is a disorder of melanocyte migration which presents as a triangular depigmented patch on the scalp (with its associated white forelock)
- It is associated with a KIT-gene mutation
To read more about the term piebaldism: CLICK HERE
Dr Christophe HSU – dermatologist. Geneva, Switzerland
Source of image: Wikipedia