Morgan Freeman and Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra (DPN)
- Morgan Freeman (b. 1937) is an African-American actor who displays brownish « stuck-on » papules around the eyes.
- These lesions are compatible with a type of seborrheic (seborrheic) keratosis called Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra (DPN)
- Even though the lesions are benign many choose to have them removed for cosmetic reasons.
- Treatment carries a risk of post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation (PIH) and the safest treatment appears to be electrodessication.
- Note that Mr Freeman chose to have his lesions NOT treated.
- To read more about seborrheic keratosis: CLICK HERE
Contributors: Dr Christophe HSU – dermatologist. Geneva, Switzerland
Source of photos: Wikipedia