Naglaa Fathi (نجلاء فتحي) and Psoriasis
- Naglaa Fathi (نجلاء فتحي) (Fatma al-Zahraa Hussein Fathi, born in 1950) is an Egyptian actress who has played in over 80 movies, She is married since 1992 to Egyptian TV presenter Hamdi Qandil (حمدى قنديل).
- Recently her husband declared on their Facebook that Ms Fathi had psoriasis: Unfortunately, Naglaa has been diagnosed with incurable Psoriasis, which has spread to her bones and requires being treated with biological injections that were invented in Switzerland several weeks ago. Treatment would take several weeks in order to monitor any side effects.
- She is currently undergoing treatment consisting of biologics injections in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Several biologics are available in the treatment of Psoriasis, several new ones are about to come out and many more are undergoing clinical trials (at the time of writing of this article)
- Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin disorder which affects 2% of the population
Dr Husain Ali Mahdi Juma (دكتورحسين علي جمعه) – dermatologist. Manama, Bahrain
Dr Christophe HSU – dermatologist. Geneva, Switzerland